EPC works on Ras Tanura clean fuels project have recently been completed.
Construction works are currently in progress on this scheme.
Work on the two main packages of the project will be completed by the end of 2020. The start-up and commissioning of the project will be completed in the first quarter of 2021.
Sherwin-Williams has revealed the scope of its work with Spanish contractor Tecnicas Reunidas on this project, where it delivered single coating protection against corrosion and high heat for the oil and gas bulk valves of the project, located near the industrial port city of Jubail. The Heat-Flex Hi-Temp 1200 product was used by Sherwin-Williams at the refinery. Heat-Flex Hi-Temp 1200 is, according to the Cleveland-HQ'd company, a single-component corrosion under insulation (CUI) product for high-heat applications that can help reduce damage from shop to field with faster shop throughput and provide lower volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
KAEFER in Saudi Arabia has been awarded a significant contract for scaffolding works at the Ras Tanura Refinery by our client Tecnicas Reunidas. This new project started in April and is expected to run until September 2020.
- Early works:
* 69 kilovolt (kV) cable relocation and demolition
* Communication duct bank relocation
* Heavy haul gate, 23 modifications.
- Site preparation:
* Process area site preparation
* Construction segregation fence
* New security gate 45 site preparation
* South terminal road upgrades
* New Rahma ID office site preparation
* Temporary facilities site preparation.
The two packages are each estimated to be worth around $200 million. Client has invited companies to submit bids on the two larger EPC packages of this development, covering the main process units, and the off-sites and utilities.
- Taiwan's CTCI Corporation
- South Korea's Daelim
- South Korea's GS Engineering & Construction
- South Korea's Hyundai Engineering & Construction
- Japan's JGC Corporation
- Italy's Saipem
- South Korea's Samsung Engineering
- Spain's Tecnicas Reunidas.
Client also plans to float a second tender for off-sites and utilities. The prequalifiers are understood to include:
- South Korea's Daewoo Engineering & Construction
- South Korea's Hanwha Engineering & Construction
- Spain's Intecsa Industrial
- India's Larsen & Toubro
- UK's Petrofac.
- Off-sites and Utilities
- Naphtha and Toluene.
The naphtha and toluene package will be split into units with following capacities:
- Naphtha hydro-treater - 140,000 barrels a day (b/d)
- Catalytic cracking reformer - 90,000 b/d
- Isomerization - 65,000 b/d
- Toluene - 70,000 b/d.
- Naphtha and aromatics processing facilities
- Paraxylene production facilities
- Off-site and utilities.
The initial budget of this project was nearly $3 billion, but is now expected to rise to about $4 billion. The construction phase is expected to last 42 months.
- Naphtha and Aromatics Processing Facilities
- Paraxylene Production Facilities.
· Naphtha & Aromatics Processing Facilities
· Paraxylene Production Facilities
Contractors have until February 20, 2013 to express an interest and until March 02, 2013 to submit documents. The packages are being released on an out-of-kingdom (OOK) and in-kingdom (IK) basis and contractors are instructed to submit documents for OOK and IK. After the pre-qualification is concluded, full tenders for EPC contracts will be released in April 2013 with a deadline in September 2013. Construction phase is expected to take (42) months, with full mechanical completion scheduled for May 2017. Two more packages are expected to be released for pre-qualification shortly. One of these will cover offsites and utilities, while the other will be technical.
- Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco)
- Address :
- Pin : 5000
- City : Dhahran 31311
- Telephone : (+966-13) 877 0135
- Fax : (+966-13) 873 8190 / 874 1655
- Qatar : Construction of an integrated petrochemicals complex comprising of propane dehydrogenation (PDH) and polypropylene (PP) production plants.
- Qatar : Major Overhaul of Crude Oil Storage Tanks.
- Qatar : Supply and Delivery of Mechanical Spares (Sanitaryware and Fittings) for Various Sports Venues and Stadiums.
- Qatar : Expansion of an oil and gas field to increase LNG production capacity from 110 MTPA to 126 MTPA.
- Qatar : Construction of warehouse, labour accommodation, offices & showroom.
- Qatar : Supply of Spare Parts (FTI/Scania) for Maintenance of LDO Fleet Service.
- Qatar : Supply of Cranes and Transportation Equipment.
- Qatar : Supply of Workshop Devices and Equipment.
- Qatar : Sale & Removal of Drilling, Operations, Marine, Maintenance, IT Items.
- Qatar : Engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning (EPIC) of Common Facilities.